By Lester Victor Marks
Friday, December 23, 2016, 06:36 am PT (09:36 am ET)
This week on the AppleInsider podcast, Victor and Neil reach episode 100, and answer listener questions about the future of the Mac, why people aren’t buying smaller capacity phones and using iCloud, questions about AirPods, augmented reality, and more.
AppleInsider editors Victor Marks dig into listener questions:
- What is the future of the Mac?
- What exactly are #Apple plans for the pro user?
- Jony Ive losing focus on the Mac, Tim Cook’s quotes about the Mac, and what we think it means for Mac Pro and iMac
- LG 4k display review
- AirPods beginning to ship
- AirPods review
- Does the “audio quality” of the Air Pods justify the price? Wireless is nice, but at the end of the day, sound quality matters.
- Can we interpret good things from Tim Cook’s remarks about Apple’s commitment to the Mac? Or can we speculate Apple will just slap a “Mac” badge on any computer and say, “See!”? What about the Mac Pro and Mac Mini? Will desktop Macs slim down to the iMac exclusively, and if so, will the iMac get so paper thin they’ll have to go only with integrated graphics to keep it from overheating? Will 3D XPoint come to the iMac in 2017, and if so, only 128GB or so to start? Hybrid SSD & 3D XPoint?
- Is Apple’s eventual move into augmented reality their next big thing? I’m not talking about holding up your phone as much as true AR with some of those contact lenses that I have seen on your site, with real info using face recognition, or Apple watches sharing info with each other, etc….
- Can we make some recommendations about VPN and ad blockers? (Yes, we can!)
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for “AppleInsider.” Click here to listen, subscribe, and don’t forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Killer Deals: 32GB Apple TV for $109, Magic Keyboard for $77, Magic Mouse 2 for $52, Magic Trackpad 2 for $96
- Mac losing focus of Jony Ive, others in Apple management – report
- All of Apple’s OLED ‘iPhone 8’ models to use curved Samsung panels – report
- Killer Deals: Save $130 to $350 instantly on Apple’s new Touch Bar MacBook Pros with Apple Care, plus no tax in 48 states
- Review: Using LG’s UltraFine 4K Display with Apple’s USB-C MacBooks is as simple as can be
- Review: Apple’s new wireless AirPods put a smile on 2016
- Apple AirPods, charging case hold up to torture test with nothing but cosmetic damage
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.